Monday, September 27, 2010

The escape prt. 2 (finding Austin)

   So we finally made it to NYC after a ton of driving. The city was beautiful. It was night so everything seemed to light up and all the busy people passing by gave me a rush. I looked over at Abgela to see her smiling as wide as humanly possible. We checked into some hotel. The next day I got up and we went to see the statue of liberty. Wow. It's way bigger in real life. I started to climb it but security stoped me abd Angela just kept laughing her head off. Then we saw the empire state building. Someone (I'm not saying names, but their name starts with Ang) freaked out cause we went to tge top and you could see 4 states from up there. I couldn't stop laughing. Revenge.  When we went back to the hotel I stood outside the hotel playing my guitar on the streets. I got some extra cash :D and some ppl stoped and sang along with me. One particular old guy stoped. And asked me, "did your girlfriend break up with ya?". "um... Yea...." "was it because you sing songs on the street for a living?" "um actuly she broke up with me for a different reason. I live in Tulsa, this is my first time doing this." "what brings you to New York?" "umm I just need to think. I've been messed up lately." "ahh well always remember that you gotta be you. If you don't know, find you. And you is always somewhere in there." he dropped some coins in my hat and went off on his way. I stood there and thought for a minute. I always gotta be me.... That's it! I wasn't me lately. I just gotta find me! But enough of this post. It's getting long. -Austin Brumley-

13 comments:

  1. You should play the guitar for the gang i never heard youplay :) find your self is right:) hey i need to find myself lol will you come with me haha:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its like one paragraph it is not long have u seen kit's posts?!??!
    and another thing- was this wise old man asian? :) it would please me greatly if he was

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea me too..and im happy you found yourslef. i just hope you didnt forget ur hair supplies :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ur stopping before it gets to long.. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. HOW DARE YOU GO TO NYC WITHOUT ME!
    3. That conversation was epic
    2. I WANT A CHEESY I <3 NY T-SHIRT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jamie, the old dude could totally be like Mr. Miyagi from the Karate Kid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blair you can't count :P
    AND IK JELLY!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WANT TO GO TO NEW YORK :( "Was it because you sing songs on the street for a living?" Lmao xD I'm sorry, that's just funny :) And it's good that your finding yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll get everyone something from new York

    ReplyDelete
  10. austin be careful many ppl in New York like to fucking mess with ppl. i should kno ;) but remember if u catch with my group u ok and if u catch up with dally's....well theres nothing i can say about that

    ReplyDelete